Monday, April 28, 2014

Wonder of the Week: Where Does Snow Go When it Melts?

I think when snow melts it turns into water and it stays like that and the sun dries out some fo the water.  (Madison)

I think when snow melts it goes in the river or a lake because snow when it gets warm turns into water. (Nadja)

I think when snow melts the water can't get down if the mountain is high enough so it absorbs into the grass.  (Gavin)

I think when snow melts it goes into lakes and oceans. (Ilona)

I think when snow melts it goes into the drains.  (Luke)

I think when snow melts most of the snow goes into the lake or ocean and then it turns into water which makes the water levels rise in the lake.  (Caitlin)

I think when snow melts it dries into the ground.  (Peyton)

I think when snow melts all of it goes down into the lake or a pond, it then turns into ice and the sun melts it again.  (Talan)

I think when snow melts it goes into the ocean.  (Josh)

I learned....

I learned when snow melts it goes into the ground.  (Luke)

I learned when snow melts when it is warmer than 32 degrees.  (Nadja)

I learned that the three steps of the water cycle are: condensation, evaporation and perceptation. (Josh)

I learned that when it rains it goes on land and then into the ocean and then it brings it back up into the clouds.  (Madison)

I learned that a run off is when the water comes down and when there is enough water in the ground it keeps going into the bodies of water.  (Dana)

No comments:

Post a Comment