Sunday, February 16, 2014

Wonder of the Week: Does the Olympic Flame Ever Go Out?


Does the Olympic flame ever go out?

I think the Olympic flame goes out when the Olympics are not going because it doesn't make sense for the flame to be burning if the Olympics are not going on.  (Xander)

I think the Olympic flame has to go out because every two years they light a new flame.  (Talan)

I think the Olymoic flame goes out every hour because when I was watching the opening Cermonies the news guy said this happens.  (Spencer)

What does the Olympic flame symbolize?

I think the Olympic flame represents the opening ceremonies. (Caitlin)

I think the Olympic flame symbolizes the special time when people from around the world come together.  (Madison)

Think the Olympic flame symbolizes when people that have never been to the Olympics come for the first time. (Peyton) 

http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/does-the-olympic-flame-ever-go-out/

I learned that the flame is lite to get people excited about the Olympics. (Nick)

I learned the flame is light several months before the opening Cermonies (Roma)

I learned the Olympic flame goes out on the last day of the closing Cermonies (Bradyn)

I learned people run around the five continents of the world with the torch in their hand. (Caitlin) 


I learned the famous snowboarder Kevin pierce carried the torch through Russia this year.  (Josh d) 




No comments:

Post a Comment