Monday, May 11, 2015

Wonder of the Week: Can Plants Grow Without Soil?

I think plants can grow without soil because I heard that if you put cotton balls in a bag with water it might grow. - Addison


I think plants can grow without soil because in the desert there is sand and cactuses grow in the sand. - Amani


I think that plants cannot grow without soil because if they don’t have any soil they can’t grow. - Holden


I think that plants can grow without soil because in the winter if a squirrel buries an acorn and it rains in the summer it might grow. - Charlie


I think plants can’t grow without soil because the nutrients and minerals are in the soil so the plant can’t grow without the nutrients and minerals. - Madelyn


I think that plants cannot grow without soil because the roots can’t go down into the ground without soil. - Emma


I think plants can grow without soil because bamboo grows in rocks and other things. - Lucas

I think plants don’t need soil because if it rains they grow fast and if it’s sunny they grow less fast. - Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment