Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Are Leprechauns Real?

Subject / Title:
  • Leprechauns
  • Are Leprechauns Real?
  • Do You Think Leprechauns Are Real?

Are leprechauns real?
  • I think leprechauns are real because once on St.Patrick’s Day at my house I saw leprechaun tracks and gold. (Amani)
  • I think leprechauns are real because once on St. Patrick’s Day I walked outside my door and there was a trail of plastic gold coins. (Devin)
  • I think leprechauns are real because on St. Patrick’s Day I looked in my kitchen and I found a basket full of candy and toys and it said it was from a leprechaun.  (Sam)
  • I think leprechauns are real because a lot of people do believe in them, and I do to. (Madelyn)

What do leprechauns do for a living?
  • I think leprechauns search for gold during the day. (Nick)
  • I think leprechauns protect the gold at the end of the rainbow during the day. (Rylee)
  • I think leprechauns protect the coins during the day.  (Holden)
  • I think after St. Patrick’s day leprechauns get tired from collecting all that gold so they are lazy at home.  Then, the next St. Patrick’s day they get more gold.  (Charlie)
How do you make a leprechaun trap?
  • I think you make a leprechaun trap by putting a very high barrel in a corner so it only has one entrance like a ramp, and on the other side of the ramp you put a gold coin, and a leprechaun will try to get it, but it really will fall in the barrel.  (Julien)
  • I think you make a leprechaun trap by putting a gold coin attached to a string.  You put the string on a table and when the leprechaun tries to pull the string the leprechaun will get trapped.  (Leah)
  • I think you make a leprechaun trap by making a bottle with a string and putting something shiny in the bottle. When the leprechaun comes you drop the string and you might catch the leprechaun. (Danielle)

Vocabulary Words:
leprechaun gold        trap / trapped
barrel string 4 - leaf clovers
gold coins vines / twigs

Extending Questions:

What do leprechauns eat?
How big are leprechauns?

No comments:

Post a Comment