Monday, January 26, 2015

Wonder of the Week -- Why Do Bananas Bruise?

Why do bananas bruise?

I think bananas bruise because they have been sitting for a long time.  (Madelyn)

I think bananas bruise because they get hit on something.  (Devin)

I think bananas bruise because you don't eat them fast enough.  (Addison)

I think bananas bruise because they are in an uncomfortable position and it hurts one spot.  (Julien)

I think bananas bruise because when they get to the store or they come in your house they can get hit and then it can cause them to bruise.  (Kayden)

I think bananas bruise because they don't have a tree for them to ripen on.  (Leah) 

I think bananas bruise because when they hit something they turn brown.  (Nate) 


What causes bananas to ripen?

I think bananas ripen because water from rain and light from the sun help them to become yellow.  (Addy)

I think what causes bananas to ripen is because plants grow and a banana is a fruit of plant, and all fruits grow.  (Ally)

I think a banana ripens because it is sitting on the tree and getting food from the trees roots.  (Devin)

I think bananas ripen because they are not just sitting at your house they are getting sunlight and water.  (Addison) 

I think bananas ripen because the nutrients of the soil go through the roots and into the banana.  (Fiona) 

How can you slow down the ripening process?

I think you can slow down the ripening process by putting the banana in the sun or giving them water.  (Kaylie) 

I think you can slow down the ripening process because if you use a banana to make something like food or you can eat it.  (Kayden)

I think you can slow down the ripening process by picking them off the tree.  (Maddox) 




No comments:

Post a Comment