Monday, January 5, 2015

Wonder of Week (1.6) - Why Do People Make New Years Resolutions?

Wonder # 90 

Why Do People Make New Years Resolutions?

People make New Years resolutions to help people and to be better.  (Kelsey)

I think people make New Years resolutions to try to improve themselves.  (Allison)

I think people make New Years resolutions to be nice and kind so they have more friends.  (Maddox)

I think people make New Years resolutions for a dare and to have some fun.  (Madelyn)


What is Your New Years Resolution?

My New Years resolution is to spend less time inside and to go outside more.  (Julien)

My New Years resolution is to snowboard more.  (Devin)

My New Years resolution is to collect books for kids who can't read.  (Fiona)

My New Years resolution is to help my teacher.  (Kaylie)


I Learned....

I learned a New Years resolution is a way to improve yourself.  (Allison)

I learned that a New Years resolution is a promise you make to yourself to become a better person.  (Addy)

I learned that you usually start a New Years resolution on January 1st. (Devin)

I learned that resolutions can come in many forms, such as quitting something, eating less junk food or doing some positive.  (Madelyn)

I learned that a New Years resolution is to do better the next year one way you can do that is and help your community. (Leah)

One way to make a better habit is by recycling more and helping your parents.  (Julien)

I learned a New Years resolution can be a promise to break a bad habit.  (Addison)

I learned that a New Years resolution can be anything but it should be a promise to make yourself better.  (Fiona)

I learned that a New Years resolution is to make the world better and to improve yourself and to have fun.  (Maddox)

I learned that January is named after Janus, who was able to have two faces, one looking forward into the future and one looking backwards, into the past.  (Julien)



No comments:

Post a Comment