Monday, December 1, 2014

What is a Biography? -- Wonder of the Week 12.1

What is a Biography?

I think a biography is something that is written about someone's life or others. (Madelyn)

 I think a biography is a book written about someone who admires someone else. (Fiona)

 I think a biography is a book that is about someone who changes the world or did something for the world. (Addy)

 I think a biography is a book about someone who is famous. (Kayden)

 I think a biography is a book about someone who is famous and is very kind and did something for the world that is a good thing. (Maddox)

 I think a biography is a true story of someone's life written by another person. (Devin)

 I think a biography is about a special person who helped us make the world a better place. (Allison)

 I think a biography is about someone's life. (Leah) I think a biography is someone who takes pictures. (Kaylie)

 How do historians learn so much about people from the past?

 I think historians learn so much about people from the past by people passing on information. (Maddox)

 I think historians learn so much about people from the past because those people might have been there. (Julien)

 What would it be like to write a book about someone you admire?

 I would like to write a book about motorcycle racers. (Ty)

 I would like to write a book about dog trainers. (Ben)

 I would like to write a book about people who study turtles. (Khadeija)

I learned...

I learned that you can write a biography on anyone that interests you. (Kayden)

I learned that in order to write a biography you need a bio-buddy. (Allison)

I learned that a biography involves history. (Maddox)

I learned that a biography is a book about a person who changed the world or did good for the world.  (Addy)

I learned that a biography can be someone who writes, sings or paints.  (Kaylie)

We learned that when Amelia Earhart went to a plane show it inspired her to become a pilot.  (class)

I learned Amelia Earhart was a pilot. (Holden)

I learned that Amelia Earhart was the first female to fly across the Atlantic Ocean. (Addy)

I learned that Amelia Earharts mom didn't want her to be a tom boy she wanted her to dress like a girl. (Addison)

No comments:

Post a Comment