Monday, November 10, 2014

Do People Still Write Poetry?

Wonder # 911 

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Welcome to Wonderoplis!
Have a great time.
Wait a second.  That's a horrible poem.  It doesn't even rhyme! Let's try this again..

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Welcomes to Wonderoplis!
Today's poetry Wonder is just for you!
There!  That's better.  Not a lot better, but a little better.

We have to admit.  We're a bit out of practice when it comes to writing poetry.  Actually, do people even write poetry today?


Do people still write poetry?

I think people still write poetry because we have lots of poetry books. (Addy)

I think people still write poetry but not the poetry they used to write.  (Julien)

I think people still write poetry because it is fun and people can learn lots of things. (Kaylie)

I think people still write poetry because it might be about people's lives. (Maddox)

I think people still write poetry because anyone can write poetry.  (Addison)

Are song lyrics poetry?

I think song lyrics are poetry because some songs have rhymes that make them poetry. (Henry)

I think song lyrics are poetry because many people sing rhymes which is poetry, so they are singing poems. (Allison)

I think poetry can be a song because I have written a poem that was a song.  (Leah)


Can you write a poem?

I think you can write a poem because poems are basically rhymes that are about something or about somebodies life. (Kayden).

I think you can write a poem because poems are found in a lot of songs and you can write whatever you want! (Madelyn).

I think you can write a poem because you don't need to ask anyone to write a poem. (Addison)

I think you can write a poem that is based on your life. (Leah)

I think you can write a poem because you can base it on anything that you want.  (Fiona)

I think you can write a poem because you have a brain and you can use it. (Allison)

I learned.

I learned the world does still have modern poets.  (Julien)

I learned that rap and other music can be forms of poetry.  (Maddox)

I learned that song writers are poetry writers at heart.  (Addy)

I learned that a guy named Tomas Transtromer won a Nobel Prize in Literature.  (Allison)

I learned that poetry is still found in songs.  (Madelyn)

I learned that people still write poems and they can be turned into songs later.  (Fiona)




No comments:

Post a Comment