Monday, October 13, 2014

Wonder of the Week (10.13) -- Where is the Next Frontier?


Oh, what it must have been like to live hundreds of years ago! Most of the world was a question mark. If you had an explorer’s heart, the whole world must have seemed like one big frontier.
Christopher Columbus sailed to the New World. Pilgrims made their way to America. Once settled, the new Americans slowly made their way westward. Pioneers of all sorts made new discoveries every day.
The seas were sailed. New lands were discovered and mapped. Eventually, even the skies and outer space were explored.
But what about today? Is there any place left on Earth for the young explorers of today and tomorrow to explore? Where is the next frontier?
I think the new frontier..... 
I think the new frontier is where dinosaur bones have not been explored. (Maddox) 
I think the new frontier is in the ocean because only 5% of the world's oceans have been explored. (Fiona)
I think the new frontier will be at the core of the earth.  (Julien)
I think the new frontier in a dessert, because no one has survived a desert because they don't have water.  (Leah) 
I think the new frontier is inside an apple tree. (Henry) 

I think the new frontier is near Lake Champlain hiding in the rocks. (Madelyn) 

I think the new frontier is near volcanoes.  (Dakota) 

I think the new frontier is finding Champ and seeing if he is real.  (Addy) 

I learned...

I learned that the new frontier is in Antarctica. (Leah)

I learned that only 2% of the ocean has been explored. (Kayden)

I learned that their is a frozen waterfall in Antarctica. (Allison)

I learned that their is a really big frozen waterfall and it is the 6th biggest lake in the world. (Kayden) 

I learned that their was even lakes in Antarctica. (Maddox)

I learned that beneath the earth are caves that need to be explored. (Julien)

I learned that Antarctica is beautiful.  (Holden)

I learned that the new frontier could be in the Amazon.  (Addy)

I learned that their are a lot of dark avalanche in Antarctica. (Madelyn)

I learned that their is one of the biggest lakes in Antarctica.  (Addison)


No comments:

Post a Comment