Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Welcome Back -- Student Letter

                                                                   

                                                                             August 16, 2014
Dear Second Grader,                         

I hope you are enjoying these last few days of summer.  I look forward to seeing you soon and getting to know you and your classmates.  I can’t wait to hear about your summer adventures.  I have been gardening, visiting with friends and family, reading, hiking some new trails and spending lots of time with my god-son who just turned three!
     
The first few weeks of school will be dedicated to building our community of learners.  During the first week of school we will be sharing our favorite books.  Please bring in your favorite book from home on the first day of school.  This book can be one that you love to have read to you or one that you like to read by yourself.  It can be old or new, it doesn’t matter.  Let’s see the variety of reading tastes in Room 6!
    
You will not need any supplies for the first day of school, all the supplies you need will be available in the classroom. 

August 27th is right around the corner and it is time to start thinking about school.  I know that you might be a little nervous (I am too), so to make the transition from summer vacation to school easier there is an Open House on Tuesday, August 26th.  Come to our room (Room 6) from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. so you can explore the classroom, find your seat, meet new friends and see old friends.  Enjoy the last few days of summer.  I am very excited to be your teacher - I can’t wait to see you!         


J Ms. LaRose

No comments:

Post a Comment