Monday, February 3, 2014

Wonder of the Week 2.3 - What is the difference between a solid, liquidand gas?

 
Does Matter Really Matter?

What is the difference between a solid, liquid and gas?

I think the difference between a solid, liquid and gas is that a solid is hard.  Example of a solid is a break. (Caitlin) 

I think liquids are gooey.  An example of a liquid is water. (Roma and Peyton) 

I think gases are something that is like exhaust, for example air. (Dana) .

I think that solids are hard things that you can make other things from. An example of a solid is a house. (Madison) 


What is matter?

I think that matter is something that changes the shape of an object. (Gavin) 

I think that matter is liquid, gases and solids. (Spencer) 

I think that matter is something that's really important and it matters if it is right or if it's wrong. (Roma) 

I think that matter is something like clay, that is moldable. (Dana) 

I think that matter is stuff that you used to make other things. Like you use hard things and soft things to make other things. (Madison) 

I learned 

I learned that matter is everything and everywhere. (Josh L.)

I learned matter can be living things and non-living things. (Caitlin)

I learned that matter is everything that takes up space. (Kaitlyn) 

I learned you can classify matter into three main groups: liquids, gasses and solids. (Nick) 

I learned a solid have its own shape. (Ilona) 

 I learned that solids are matter and stuff that takes up space. (Talan)

I learned a liquid is something that doesn't have its own shape. (Bradyn) 

I learned that some liquids can be wet or sticky. (Peyton) 

I learned that liquids can be slippery. (Selena) 

I learned that a gas can smell. (Nicole)

I learned that gases can have a smell and be invisible. (Iris) 

I learned that gases are just like liquids because they take the shape of a container. (Iris and Nadja) 

I learned that the sun is a gas. (Gwen) 

I learned that liquids take the shape of its container. (Kaden) 

I learned that matter is almost everything! (Spencer) 

No comments:

Post a Comment