Sunday, January 5, 2014

Wonder of the Week: When is it Okay to Stay Up All Night?


Wonder 820

When is it okay to stay up all night? 

It is okay to stay up all night when you have a sleepover because sleeping is not the best part of a sleepover. (Caitlin)

I think it is okay to stay up all night when it is not a school night because you don't gap gave to get up early! (Peyton)

I think it is okay to stay up all night when it is Christmas Eve because you might get to see Santa. (Talan)


How do you celebrate the New Year? What traditions does your family have?

On New Year's Eve I watch the ball drop with my family. (Xander)

On New Year's Eve I try to stay up until midnight. (Roma)

On New Year's Eve I visit my family. (Hunter)



What is your New Years Resolution?

My New Years resolution is to clean up my room when it is not clean. (Spencer)

My New Years resolution is to make my bed when my mom asks. (Dana)

My New Years resolution is to save a lot of money. (Gavin)

Now I know..

I learned that in Spain they eat 12 grapes at midnight to bring them 12 months of happiness! (Nadja)
I learned in Mexico people wear yellow and red underwear to celebrate the New Year! (Luke)
I learned that if you count down to midnight it is a long standing tradition. (Peyton)
I learned that in Netherlands they put out their Christmas trees in the street and have a big bonfire. (Spencer) 
I learned in Japan the New year is the most important day of huge year because they clean their houses and spend time with family to get the new year off to a great start! (Caitlin)
I learned that many countries celebrates the New Year! (Madison) 
I learned that in New York City the ball drops at midnight! (Hunter) 

No comments:

Post a Comment