Sunday, January 12, 2014

Wonder of the Week 1.13 - 1.16

Who was Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.?

What is segregation?

What was the Civil Rights Movement? 

- Wonderopolis - Who was dr. martin luther king?

I learned...

I learned Martin Luther king was assassinated by James Earl Jones. (Hunter) 

I learned on the third Monday of January we celebrate Martin Luther King Day. (Caitlin)

I learned that Martin Luther King Jr. was at a hotel in Tennessee when he was assassinated. (Spencer) 

I learned that back in the 1930s people of color did not get to sit in the same section of the bus as white people. (Madison) 

I learned that white and colored people or students were not allowed to go to the same school. (Gavin) 

I learned that Martin Luther King Junior won the Nobel Peace Prize. (Connor)

I learned that people try to scare Martin Luther King away while he was protesting. (Peyton) 

I learned that Rosa Parks refused to allow a white person take her spot on the bus, as a result she was arrested. (Dana) 

I learned that after Rosa Parks was arrested many people refuse to ride the bus, this is also known as the Montgomery bus boycott. (Roma)

I also learned that Martin Luther King Jr. was arrested many times. (Caitlin)

I learned that Martin Luther King is get too great a school and he went to college. (Hunter) 

I learned that when Martin Luther King was a child he had a white neighbor. At this time the parents of the white neighbor did not allow their child to play with Martin Luther King. (Iris) 

No comments:

Post a Comment