Sunday, December 1, 2013

Wonder of the Week (12.2 - 12.6) Can It Snow When It's Not Cold?

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! That’s what you may be singing when Old Man Winter rolls through. But as you already know, Mother Nature doesn’t always cooperate.  

Can it snow when it is not cold? (2 sentences) I think.... because.... 

I think it can not snow when it is not cold because in order for snow to happen their has to be cold in the colds which makes snow happen, that is why I think it can not snow when it is not cold. (Dana)

I think it can not snow when it is not cold because I always ask my parents if it will snow or rain, they usually say rain when it's not cold enough for rain. (Spencer) 

I think it depends on how cold it is for snow because if it was 70 it would be weird for snow to come. (Luke) 

I think it can not snow when it is not cold because the snow will melt.  I think it can not snow when it's not cold because if it snowed all the snow would melt from the hot sun.  (Peyton and Madison)

I think it can not snow when it's warm because the warm weather is not cold. (Hunter) 

Additional comment about what you like to do in the snow! 

When it snows I like to play with my neighbor and make snowmans.  (Talan) 

When it snows I like to go sledding.  (Ilona) 

When it snows I like to go sledding on Marble Island with Liam! (Xander) 

Now I know:

Now I know that when rain falls to the ground and the ground is cold it turns into snow. (Madison)

Now I know it can be warm in the clouds when it is cold on the ground. (iris)

Now I know that it can snow if there is moisture in the sky. (Luke)

Now I know if it's warm in the atmosphere it can be cold in the clouds and it can still snow. (Connor) 

Now I know that if it warm in the clouds it rains instead of snows.  (Spencer)
 I learned that it can be warm or cold in the clouds. (Caitlin) 

I learned that if the temperature is freezing it will snow. (Peyton) 

My thinking was correct, I said it can't snow when it's warm and that is true! Now I know that it can be warm or cold in the clouds.  (Xander) 


No comments:

Post a Comment