Wednesday, November 6, 2013

When Is Sugar Too Much of a Good Thing?

Wonder 388

Do you like sugar? Or is that just a silly question? Few, if any, people will say that they don’t like sugar. Maybe the better question would be: How much do you like sugar?


When is Sugar Too Much of a Good Thing?

Sugar is too much of a good thing when you get sick! (Hunter)

Sugar is too much of a good thing when you can't stop eating it. (Peyton)

Sugar is too much of a good thing when you eat too much of it and you don't have a lot of energy. (Spencer)

What Foods Have a lot of Sugar?

Cookies have a lot of sugar in them. (Dana) 

Candy has a lot of sugar in it. (Nathan)

Cupcakes have a lot of sugar in them. (Roma)

Cake has a lot of sugar in it. (Luke) 

Donuts have a lot of sugar in them? (Caitlin)

How Much Do You Like Sugar?  Why do You Like Sugar? 

I like sugar because it is tasty. (Hunter) 

I  don't like sugar at all because it isn't healthy for you and if you eat too much you could get sick. (Connor M.)

I don't like sugar because it is bad for your teeth.  (Mari)

I learned...

I learned that fruits and milk have natural sugar. (Hunter) 

I learned that eating too much sugar can become a health problem. I learned that men should eat 9 teaspoons of sugar a day, or 150 calories.  (Dana)

I learned that milk has sugar in it. (Gavin)

I learned that women should have 6 teaspoons of sugar a day or 100 calories.  Researchers have found that the average American eats 355 calories of sugar a day! (Connor) 

I learned that bread has natural sugar it.(Luke)

I learned that if you eat too much sugar there is a risk of getting sick. (Spencer) 

I learned that sugar isn't always a bad thing. (Caitlin)

I learned that sometimes food items can have sugar in it naturally. (Iris)

I learned that if you eat sugar you could get a sweet tooth! (Peyton) 

I learned that it's not good to avoid all sugar. (Talan) 

No comments:

Post a Comment